Ikke logget ind
Forside / Forum / Hjælp til indtastning / Help with column headings

Joan Houck
28 Jul 2020 - 18:53
Help with column headings

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, if not please let me know where to post it. Also, if there is a page where I could find all the answers also please let me know.

I have been searching my ancestors for a few years now on and off.  I was just going through church books, one by one, page by page looking for the last names of the people in my family.   The problem I have is with the headings at the top of the pages.  I know some danish words like child, bride, groom, father, mother, I just don't know what other instructions are at the top of each column.  Not sure if I explained myself right, just are they looking for addresses, dates, relatives of the child etc.  I have tried using a translation page but some words aren't recognized.

I would appreciate any help as then I could figure out what all the other information is on my relative.

The information I seek is my mothers side of my family.  Her last name was Franch, it is sometimes written as Franck in the records.

Thank You, Joan

Britta Hansen
28 Jul 2020 - 19:06:19
Svar: Help with column headings

Joan,

On older records the column headings are written i old Danish language and the words might not possible to translate via google or a dictionary. You can show us the pages from Census, Church books etc. where you need further explanation. Just insert a link to records found.

Kind regards,

Britta Hansen

Bengt Bolinder
28 Jul 2020 - 20:18:51
Svar: Help with column headings

Have a look at https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Danish_Genealogical_Word_List

- Bengt