Ikke logget ind
Forside / Forum / Hjælp til tydning / Requesting Help interpreting Baptism records for Ferdinandt Johannesson

Corinne Cheatham
4 Jul 2020 - 19:09
Requesting Help interpreting Baptism records for Ferdinandt Johannesson

Hello, I am new to this forum and would really appreciate any help in interpreting the baptism record of my great grandfather, Ferdinand Johannesson. The image is located on the following page: Haderslev/ Haderslev Vor Frue Parish / Kirkebog 1892-1906/ Page 84.  The link to that page within this site is  https://www.danishfamilysearch.com/ao/opslag2742153 . 

Thank you

A. S.
7 Jul 2020 - 09:24:35
Svar: Requesting Help interpreting Baptism records for Ferdinandt Johannesson

Hi

I think it might be in German, but I'm not sure?

Maybe you could add "(southern Jylland, maybe in German?) as well in the title to your question?

maybe more people skilled in that area will spot your question easier?

Kind regards and good luck.

Britta Hansen
11 Jul 2020 - 02:06:17

"Unehelicher Sohn der ..Schneiderin Johanna Charlotte Johannesdotter .. Tegnaby, Kronobergs Län in Schweden

Arbeiter Johann Ohlson, Kabdrup, Christine Nielsen, Dienstmagd Hedwig Johannsen, Mariegaard"

His father's name is not mentioned in the entry.

Mother and son Census 1901 in Esbjerg 

Census 1906 in Esbjerg

The mother in Esbjerg 1919 + 1924

Hemmesjö med Tegnaby kyrkoarkiv, Födelse- och..: *26.4.1862 Johanna Charlotta

Census 1925 in Esbjerg - family 7

Johanne Charlotte died 29.5.1930 - Church Book - Esbjerg Vor Frelser

Corinne Cheatham
15 Jul 2020 - 21:30:08

Thank you Britta for those links and info I really do appreciate your time in helping me with this entry.  I did have a question, are those names listed considered witnesses to Ferdindant's baptism?  I couldn't make out the abbreviation.  Also what is the word before Christine's name if you are able to read that.  I see that Johann Ohlsen is a worker from Kadrup, and Hedwig Johannsen is a maid from Mariegaard. Again many thanks.

A.S, thank you for replying to my message as well.