Ikke logget ind
Forside / Forum / Hjælp til tydning / Marriage Record Transcription

Karen Quackenbush
11 Mar 2020 - 00:26
Marriage Record Transcription

Using Familysearch.org, I have found what Familysearch says is the marriage record for my third great grandparents, Søren Jensen and Ane Marie Sørensdatter, but I'm not sure!  In the list at the bottom of their page, it shows that it would be line six.  However, the only one on the original church record that seems to match, including ages, is on line one.

Vejle/Bjerre/Ørum parish/Churchbooks/Churchbook 1815 - 1863 Ørum, Ny udgave/Page No. 122

https://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn1830/churchbook/source138233/opslag15084230

If this is Søren and An Marie, does it give any additional information (for example where Søren was from)?

There used to be a site where transcribed church records could be found, but it was discontinued.  I was told that it would be made available again.  Does anyone know when this will happen?

Britta Hansen
11 Mar 2020 - 11:51:13
Svar: Marriage Record Transcription

Karen,

Entry #1 is the marriage of Søren Jensen and Anne Marie Sørensdatter. They worked on Ørumgaard[Ørumgård]. Place of birth is not mentioned. 

We might find Søren Jensen in the Military Levying Rolls to find out where he was born.

The transcribed church book records from Vejle County, Glud and Rørup Parishes are still not available on the site Danske Slægtsforskere. Today I have asked when they will be on-line.

Kind regards

Britta Hansen

Britta Hansen
16 Mar 2020 - 20:17:55

Karen,

Transcribed church books Vejle County, Bjerre and Hatting Districts are now available Danske Slægtsforskere / Afskrevne Kilder

Click the headline Kirkebogsafskrifter for hele amtet af Hanne Roos and choose the source (headlines in Danish only)

Kind regards

Britta Hansen

Karen Quackenbush
16 Mar 2020 - 20:49:41
Britta,  you have been an incredible help!  We have a trip to Denmark scheduled for mid summer, unless everything is halted because of the coronavirus.  I would love to meet you.  Karen