Ikke logget ind
Forside / Forum / Hjælp til at finde dine aner / Carl Pedersen and father Christian Pedersen

Patricia Wallace
8 Feb 2020 - 05:26
Carl Pedersen and father Christian Pedersen

Carl was born on 12 June 1850 in probably Copenhagen. He was a merchant seaman, married in England in 1871 and migrated to Australia. I am his g-granddaughter.

Pat Wallace

wallacepat46@gmail.com

Britta Hansen
8 Feb 2020 - 11:41:50
Svar: Carl Pedersen and father Christian Pedersen

Pat,

Could you please link to records found on Carl Pedersen, marriage, wife, children, death? Any siblings? Often the names of the children could reveal the names of the grandparents. Where did you see Copenhagen mentioned?

The date of birth given might be the date of christening.

Kind regards

Britta Hansen

Patricia Wallace
10 Feb 2020 - 23:08:12

Thank you for your reply.

I wrote down Carl was born in Copenhagen from notes I made in the 1960s before my grand-mother died.

Carl married Ann Lawrence on 24/9/1873 in Camberwell, Surrey, England. On the marriage certificate his father was given as Christian Pedersen, Seaman (Danish Navy).

The story my grandmother, Lizzie, told me was he & his sister were orphaned young & were sent to live with an uncle on a farm. Carl was a seaman (Merchant Services).

His children were - George Charles, only one born England 13/1/1874      Annie Mathilda      Arthur Sardinius    Ada Louise*     Elizabeth, my g-mother    Henry William   Alfred*

* died before 3 yo

Lizzie once showed me a beautifully written discharge paper from the captain of a ship where he served as 1st Mate (?) on a return trip to Japan. Unfortunately it's been lost.

He worked his way to Australia, eventually had a contracting business in Sydney but died on 7/5/1899.

Britta Hansen
14 Feb 2020 - 23:15:19

Pat,

I sent you an email three days ago on 'wallacepat46@gmail.com'. Are you able to answer some of my questions and provide links to the records you found?

Kind regards

Britta Hansen