Ikke logget ind
Forside / Forum / Hjælp til tydning / Can someone please help translate Maren Margrethe Christiandatters birth record?

Betsy Johnson
4 Feb 2020 - 20:58
Can someone please help translate Maren Margrethe Christiandatters birth record?

My 3 times great grandmother was Maren Margrethe Christiansdatter. Based on census and confirmation records for her the record at Aalborg-Kaer-Ajstrup-Churchbooks 1760-1819- Ajstrup,     https://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn118/churchbook/source129741/opslag18163241

should be her birth record. It's on the top right side. I can't understand what all the information is. Her confirmation shows her parents as Christian Nielsen and Karen Poulsdatter, but other researchers also show her father as Christian Drejers? Any help translating the record would be appreciated. Thank you. Betsy Johnson

Heidi Hyltoft Wiborg
5 Feb 2020 - 19:56:25
Svar: Can someone please help translate Maren Margrethe Christiandatters birth record?

1803: Født d: 13de, Hiemmedøbt d: 15de Decbr: cfirm: d: 15de Jan: 1804. Forældre Xstian Drejer og Hstr: Karen Povelsdatter i Thandal en Datter Maren Magrethe.
Fadd: Xsten Madsens Hstr: i Aalborg. Else Povelsdatter i Aalborg. Peter Jensen i Thandal. Poul Jensen i Thandal. Thomas Nielsen i Thandal.

1803: Born on the 13th, christened at home on December 15, confirmed (in the church) on January 15, 1804.
Parents Christian Drejer and Wife Karen Povelsdatter in Thandal (Tanddal) a daughter Maren Magrethe.
Godparents/Sponsors: Christen Madsens Wife in Aalborg. Else Povelsdatter in Aalborg. Peter Jensen in Thandal. Thomas Nielsen in Thandal.

"Drejer" is his working title. Their working titles were often used/written instead of their correct surnames in the old church books.

Betsy Johnson
6 Feb 2020 - 22:43:02
Svar: Can someone please help translate Maren Margrethe Christiandatters birth record?

Thank you so much!!!  I thought maybe the Drejer was something to do with working, but wasn't sure. I really appreciate the help! 

Betsy

Heidi Hyltoft Wiborg
6 Feb 2020 - 23:06:36

I'm very pleased to hear that. You are always welcome.

Heidi